Dane are a long established Façade and Architectural Metalwork Contractor working on several large scale construction projects throughout the U.K. We are always interested in receiving applications from individuals that will extend and improve our dedicated and knowledgeable team. Currently we have vacancies for:
We are looking to recruit an experienced Estimator to join our busy Estimating Department. Preferably with experince within the fabrication or aluminium/windows and curtain wall specialist sector.
The main repsonibilies are as follows
- View building plans, specifications and have the ability to measure and quantify take offs and to tender multiple projects simultaneously.
- Liaise with clients/Suppliers in the compiling of Tenders/Quotes/Variations.
- Prepare quotes and documentation for submissions.
- Timely and accurate costing of submission.
- Ensure completed quotes comply with specification and design briefs.
- To raise quotations using IT systems including Schucal and in house Excel pricing schedules.
- All facets of internal sales including phone, email and web based portals.
- Work closely with team members to ensure quotas and deadlines are achieved.
- Client relationship building.
- The candidate will be expected to follow up estimates, negotiate and secure orders
Minimum 5 years experience in the design of aluminium glazing systems and facade cladding. Must be highly proficient in the use of AUTOCAD and ideally with some experience of INVENTOR software.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS
- Accurate and timely production of 2D Autocad drawings and 3D Inventor modelling.
- Regular communications and meeting attendance with external parties including: Main Contractors, Architects, Structural Engineers, Facade Consultants and Product Suppliers.
- Regular Communications internally with other members of the Dane Project Team.
- Maintain an up-to date knowledge of the relevant Building Regulations, Design Standards and Product Standards.
- Issuing and pursuing resolution of R.F.Is.
- Monitor progress of design activities against the contract programme and report accordingly.
IT System Technician
- Install and configure software and hardware
- Manage network servers and technology tools
- Set up accounts and workstations
- Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements
- Troubleshoot issues and outages
- Ensure security and reliability through systems, access controls, backups and firewalls
- Upgrade systems with new releases and models
- Develop expertise to train staff on technologies
- Maintain system notes and procedures
- Provide cover for the IT Manager
We require experienced curtain wall/window/door fabricators, preferably with knowledge of Schuco Systems. Applications from a joinery and/or UPVC background will also be considered.
Please forward letter of application together with c.v. to firstname.lastname@example.org